Attention hiring manager,
I am submitting my resume for consideration for the position outlined in the post below. I currently reside in the Nations Capital, Ottawa. I am in the process of relocating to Toronto for the perfect position. I have strong leadership and organizational skills. As outlined in my resume, I have served as an executive assistant for a marketing company. I have assisted clients in all types of settings. I am fluent in both French and English. As a bilingual information officer and marketing associate, for the well known and highly respected IBM. I was granted the opportunity to help businesses succeed, strengthen Canada's economy, and to learn and apply my knowledge.
In addition to my recruiting and development responsibilities, I participated in events. I helped organize and manage a number of successful events. I am particularly interested in organizing various community events such as the Ottawa Cancer Drive. These successful events have provided me with the privilege to serve Ottawa residents. Throughout my quality assurance career, I have demonstrated the ability in meeting organizational demands and objectives. I am results oriented, self-motivated and capable of working under minimal supervision.
I have acted in a film called "A Nannys Secret"(starring: Haley Duff). I have recently played a part as a 'celebrity muncher' and as part of the audience, for an episode of Road Grill with Matt Dunigan(for season 2).
It would be my pleasure to speak with you to further discuss my career objective. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
66 Meaghan Private. Ottawa, ontario. K1G5T2. 613-301-4604
Objective: I aspire to pursue challenging and rewarding assignments with your well appreciated company. I aim to use my specialized expertise in this business field along with my understanding towards augmenting customer satisfaction and contributing towards business growth of the company along with ensuring optimum customer retention for the present and prospective customers and clients. I intend to proffer my skills, and my extensive experience in this field.
Office Clerk /Customer Service/Hospitality.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Acted in various film productions.
· Developed marketing skills as a sales and marketing associate also in a retail department store.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills.
· Works well independently, as a team player and in a leadership role. Dependable and hard working
· Strong ability to plan, organize and prioritize a complex and varied workload. (i.e. organize meetings, including travel and other logistics.)
· Ability to manage multiple projects as well as conflicting priorities / deadlines.
· Results oriented, self-motivated and capable of working under minimal supervision.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), fax, browse Internet, input names into database.
· Ability to produce documents, spreadsheets, and graphical presentations in hard copy and electronic formats incorporating advanced features of electronic packages.
· Assisted mentally disabled adults with tasks and peer tutored and taught life skills.
Coordinate community projects for children at a non-profit organization.
· Organized and planned activities for toddlers. Participated in canvassing raising money for cancer research also helped in an annual bake sale for the homeless.
Public Relations/Problem Solving
· Successfully handled conflicts and generated solutions to client problems over the phone.
· Supervised administrative activities for children, and maintained personal records on each child.
· Effectively responded to telephone inquires inbound and outbound calls at a call centre.
· Research and verified information received by clients.
· Conduct service performance evaluation by confirming and checking specifics.
Customer Service/Accountant/Receptionist/Shipping and Receiving 2009 – Present Akran Group, Ottawa, ON
· Served as a executive assistant for senior management of marketing department of promotional company. Duties included general management of office affairs, typing internal memoranda, and heavy phone coverage
· Significant experience in providing administrative support services (e.g. Ordering supplies and products, transferring calls, establishing and maintaining file systems and electronic spreadsheets)
· Trained in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
· Assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material. As well as verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
Actress for an upcoming movie 2009 - 2009 Ottawa Casting, Ottawa, ON
Bilingual Information Officer 2007 - 2009 Kelly Services (Canada)/IBM, Ottawa, ON
Background Artist on Season 2 Road Grill 2008 - 2008 Road Grill, Ottawa, ON
Caregiver & French Tutor 2007- 2008 Various families, Ottawa, ON
Sales Associate (Seasonal) 2007- 2008 Hudson Bay, Ottawa, ON
Volunteer 2000- Present Ottawa Church of God, Ottawa, ON
· University of Ottawa, Honors Bachelor of Commerce (Management), prospective graduate in June 2013.
· Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
· Honours as Bilingual Graduate.
· Hillcrest High School Grade 11 Music Award.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST