As part of the Transmission Line Design group, you will develop, and deliver engineering, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
This is an exciting career opportunity for three full time Senior Transmission Line Design Engineers. Based out of Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices, the Transmission Line Design Engineers are responsible for the delivery of transmission line designs for projects.
The Transmission Line Design Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to design efficient and reliable electrical transmission lines. The engineer will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The engineer will also assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and project proposals. This position is accountable to provide all design activities in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all company policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Additional accountabilities for the Transmission Line Design Engineer are:
· Preparation of project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
· Design of electrical transmission facilities including line layout, foundations, structure configuration, structures, insulation and conductor specification.
· Delivery of accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practice with excellent constructability.
· Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
· Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
· Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
· Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members.
· Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Purchasing, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
· Maintaining good working relationships with material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
Qualifications for the positions include:
· A degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
· Eligible for registration with APEGGA/PEO/APEGBC.
· A minimum of 10 years experience in transmission line design and a working knowledge of PLSCadd.
· Knowledge of Canadian and alberta codes and standards, including OH&S Regulations, CSA and AECUC codes is an asset.
· These positions require a high level of interpersonal communication skills, as well as demonstrated design experience. Occasional travel to remote locations is required. These positions report to the manager of Lines Engineering.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to email@example.com. Please mention the job Title at your subject heading.